BHIS is a skills-based intervention to assist in age-appropriate techniques to manage a child’s behavior in school, at home, and in the community. We use individualized services to focus on developing crucial life-skills involving action-oriented interventions for both the child and their family:
- Child interventions are used to modify the psychological, behavioral, emotional, cognitive, and social factors affecting the individual’s functioning.
- Family interventions are used to enhance the family’s ability to effectively interact with the child in such a way as to support the individual’s functioning in the home and the community.
- BHIS services are provided in the child’s home while the family is present. Sessions are scheduled weekly and are individually based on the availability and schedules of the family receiving the service.
- Children ages 5-18 and their families
- Anger control issues
- Poor communication
- Lack of self-control
- Verbal/ physical aggression
- Poor coping and social skills
- Child must have active Medicaid coverage
- Child and/ or family is actively participating in counseling with a licensed mental health provider